What is the UAE’s Golden visa?
The UAE’s ‘Golden visa’ is a long-term residence visa which enables foreign talents to live, work or study in the UAE while enjoying exclusive benefits which include:
- an entry visa for six months with multiple entries to proceed with residence issuance
- a long-term, renewable residence visa valid for 5 or 10 years
- the privilege of not needing a sponsor
- the ability to stay outside the UAE for more than the usual period of six months in order to keep their residence visa valid
- the ability to sponsor their family members, including spouses and children regardless of their ages
- the ability to sponsor unlimited number of domestic helpers
- the permit for family members to stay in the UAE until the end of their permit duration, if the primary holder of the Golden visa passes away.
UAE’s Golden visa requirements
Requirements for the Golden visa depend on the type of residence, whether investor, talent, entrepreneur, etc.
Investors in public investments
If you invest in an investment fund, you may be granted a Golden Visa for a period of 10 years without a sponsor, subject to the:
- submission of a letter from an investment fund accredited in the UAE stating that the investor has a deposit of AED two million, or
- submission of a valid commercial licence or industrial licence and a memorandum of association stating that the investor’s capital is not less than AED two million
- submission of a letter from Federal Tax Authority stating that the investor pays the government no less than AED 250,000 (two hundred and fifty thousand) annually. Additionally, you must:
- own the invested capital completely; it must not be a loan and
- provide proof of medical insurance for himself and his family (if any).
- Individuals with specialized talents: Dubai Golden Visa Requirements for individuals listed under the specialized talents category, including doctors, researchers, scientists, investors, and artists, can get a 10-year visa. The visa also extends to their spouses and children.
- Doctors: Dubai Golden Visa Requirements: The UAE will grant doctors, the first line of defense, a long-term residency in “recognition of their efforts and sacrifices.” All doctors licensed by the UAE health regulatory bodies can apply for the Golden Visa between July 2021 and September 2022 through the website. Doctors and specialists must meet at least two conditions in their respective fields of work. A Ph.D. degree from one of the top 500 universities globally. A 10-year professional experience in the applicant’s field and a Ph.D. degree. An award of appreciation in the field of the applicant’s work. Contribution to significant scientific research. Published articles or scientific books in distinguished publications. Membership in an organization related to the field and specialization in priority areas to the UAE. They established seven centers affiliated with the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship across the Emirates for doctors who wish to apply for visas in person.
- Coders: Coders of all nationalities and ages, whether they’re UAE residents or non-residents, can apply for the UAE Golden Visa (Dubai Golden Visa) through the Office of Artificial Intelligence in the United Arab Emirates Government or the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship. Application eligibility extends to distinguished experts and talents who succeeded in various coding areas. Those who work for pioneering international technological firms. Graduates of software engineering, computer sciences, hardware engineering, information technology, artificial intelligence, data science, big data, and electrical engineering
- Professionals: Dubai Golden Visa Requirements: This category has seen a significant expansion to attract highly skilled workers with educational qualifications and professional experience in various fields, including healthcare, engineering and science, information and technology, business and administration, education, law, culture, and the social sciences. According to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation’s categorization, the applicants must have a valid UAE employment contract and be in the first or second occupational level. In addition, you require a bachelor’s degree or equivalent as a minimum educational level, and the monthly income should not be less than AED 30,000.
- Scientist: Dubai Golden Visa Requirements: UAE will grant the Golden Visa to all the scientists and researchers with high competency, achievements, and influence in their field based on the Emirates Scientists Council recommendations. You must have a Ph.D. or master’s degree in engineering, technology, life sciences, and natural sciences from the best universities in the world. You must also have substantial research achievements.
How Much Does A Golden Visa Cost?
The Dubai Golden Visa price largely depends on the type of service and visa category you apply for. If you apply from the UAE, the Dubai Golden Visa price is between AED 2,800 and AED 3,800. If you apply outside the country, the Golden Visa UAE costs between AED 3,800 and AED 4,800.
How Do I Apply For A UAE Golden Visa?
Suppose you want to apply for a Golden Visa. In that case, you can apply online at the ICA smart services platform.
The process is straightforward, and the best part is you can apply it from the comfort of your own home.
- Step 1: Access the website
- Step 2: Fill Out The Visa Application Form
- Step 3: Attach The Required Document
- Step 4: Review Your Application
- Step 5: Pay The Visa Fee